We are a third-party logistics and distribution organization. We store and distribute fresh and frozen perishable goods on behalf of various food production companies. We provide our clients with a range of reliable storage options coupled with warm, friendly service that goes above and beyond the competition.
Our Vision and Mission:
We want our clients to feel as though we care about their businesses as much as we care about our own.
We strive to be champions in our industry through taking a more empathetic, human-friendly approach to third-party logistics.
Position: Dock Worker
The Dock employee reports to the Dock Lead hand and the Shift Supervisor. They must manage a work routine that balances equipment, capabilities, customer specifications and quality control standards. We recognize that our employees are critical to the success of this area.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Punctual, as shipping/receiving runs on a schedule and some things can be time sensitive
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to complete necessary paperwork in an accurate and legible manner
- High regard for safety
- Able to safely operate warehouse equipment, such as power jacks and Counterbalanced rider trucks
- Ability to adapt to a changing workload while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Able to work in a cooler / freezer environment for long periods of time
- Able to lift 25-30kg as required
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Build and maintain good communication with Lead hands and Supervisors, identifying problems, working on solutions, providing recommendations, etc.
- Fill out daily mobile equipment inspections before us
- Observe all safety policies and procedures; wear appropriate safety equipment
- Loading and unloading trailers by hand or mobile equipment as required
- Prepare out-going shipments by staging completed orders on the dock prior to pick up
- Receive incoming shipments of various products, sort, count, and insure material matches the Unload Tally paper work for that shipment.(take pictures as required)
- Inspection of incoming / outgoing products – check for any damages, dirty containers, broken pallets etc.(take pictures as required)
- Filling out the daily shipping / receiving logs with the required information
- Transport received products to freezer / cooler to be put away
- Maintain cleanliness of the warehouse by sweeping and removing trash
- Hand wrap pallets as required to reduce damage and ensure safe transport or storage
- Perform all duties in a highly ethical manner and in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Report all incidents to a Lead-hand or a Supervisor, such as damaged product or equipment
- Participate in inventory activities as required
- Performs general warehouse functions as necessary
- Strong communication skills, well-organized and able to multi-task
- Motivated, proactive and a strong team player
- Mobile Equipment Certification
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in shipping / receiving
- Initiative and willingness to work in other areas during down time
Description of work conditions
- Temperatures between -2°c and 4°c (on dock)
- Temperatures between -20°c and -35°c with some wind chill when the fans are running. (when going in and out of freezer)
- Can be a very congested and fast paced environment
- A fun, equitable and inclusive work environment.
- A great Benefits Package that is 100% paid by Klondike (Available after 3 months of employment)
- 2 weeks vacation that starts accruing from Day 1!
- Organized company events
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive Salary with annual raises
This position may require flexibility in working hours to accommodate varying shifts. Potential shifts include:
- Morning Shift: 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM (Sunday to Thursday, Monday to Friday, Tuesday to Saturday)
- Afternoon Shift: 2:30 PM – 11:00 PM (Monday to Friday)
- Graveyard Shift: 9:30 PM – 6:00 AM (Sunday to Thursday)
- Starting from $21.40 per hour.
- Potential to earn shift premiums (only for applicable shifts).