We are a third-party logistics and distribution organization. We store and distribute fresh and frozen perishable goods on behalf of various food production companies. We provide our clients with a range of reliable storage options coupled with warm, friendly service that goes above and beyond the competition.
Our Vision and Mission:
We want our clients to feel as though we care about their businesses as much as we care about our own.
We strive to be champions in our industry through taking a more empathetic, human-friendly approach to third-party logistics.
Position: 4th Class Power Engineer
The Engineer reports to the Chief Engineer and Logistics Manager. They must manage a work routine that maintains equipment, capabilities, emergency response systems and quality control standards. We recognize that our employees are critical to the success of this area.
- Manage and maintain refrigeration system
- Filling out daily temperature and compressor logbooks
- Draining oil from temperature vessels
- Greasing and checking condenser belts
- Biweekly inspection of refrigeration equipment
- Monthly bump test of all ammonia sensors
- Emergency procedures – during power outage, emergency shutdown, restarting system
- Ensure alarm and security systems active and operating properly
- Coordinate alarm response for ammonia alarm, fire alarm, and burglar alarm
- Able to work in a cooler / freezer environment for long periods of time
- Able to lift 25-30kg as required
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Observe all safety policies and procedures; wear appropriate safety equipment
- General preventative and maintenance of plant
- Maintain compliance with Technical Safety BC
- Initiative and willingness to work in other areas during down time
Description of work conditions
- Temperatures between -2°c and 4°c (on dock)
- Temperatures between -20°c and -35°c with some wind chill when the fans are running. (when going in and out of freezer)
- Can be a very congested and fast paced environment
- A fun, equitable and inclusive work environment.
- A great Benefits Package that is 100% paid by Klondike (Available after 3 months of employment)
- 2 weeks vacation that starts accruing from Day 1!
- Organized company events
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Competitive Salary with annual raises
- Sunday – Wednesday (6:00am – 4:30pm)
- This position is expected to work four 10.50-hour days inclusive of a 30-minute unpaid break.
Range: $30.00 – $35.00 per hour.